In this workshop, environmental artist, Orflina, will share with participants how to make ornaments with citrus peels
As the drying process for organic material is natural, participants should consider that the material will require more than one day to get dry, and that the artwork will be finished at home by themselves.
- Extraction of citrus peels.
- How to cut the peels
- Design the project
- Shape the peels
- Color the peels
- Dry process
- How to storage the pieces while drying
- Recommendations for care
- Orange, lime, or lemon. Cut the fruit in half, prepare a delicious lemonade for you and bring the peels to the class! Bring enough peels to create different shapes.
- 1 Egg carton
- paper towel or newspapers
- 1 package of Food coloring
- 1 mt of recycled wool
- One big needle. We will thread the needle with the wool
- A pair of scissor
To register, email Tasneem@artignite.ca
This workshop is funded by Toronto Arts Council.